Practicing Intellectual Property Law for over 20 years, Attorney Gallagher represents a diverse client base, including inventors, solopreneurs, and small businesses, as well as larger companies, to help them achieve their goals in identifying and protecting their intellectual property assets.
As a registered patent attorney, Attorney Gallagher works closely with his clients to counsel them on how to maximize the value of their intellectual property assets by strategically identifying and managing the business risks associated with procuring, maintaining, licensing, and enforcing intellectual property assets.
Highlights of Attorney Gallagher’s experience and qualifications include the following:
- provide patent, copyright, trademark, and trade secret counseling
- specializes in filing and prosecuting domestic patent applications
- render patent validity and infringement opinions across a wide range of technical disciplines
- frequently takes an active role in working with clients to identify patent infringement risks and design around competitors’ patents.
- extensive technical training in mathematics, engineering , electronic and computer science
- successful in being awarded patents for numerous electronics, software and business methods
Attorney Gallagher has vast litigation experience having appeared before several U.S. District Courts, the Court of International Trade, the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences, and the United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit. He has also represented clients before the United States Customs Service in trademark related matters.
Prior to his intellectual property practice, Attorney Gallagher worked for a large general practice law firm where he gained experience in complex litigation strategy in antitrust matters and in drug products liability. There he also developed Unix®-based litigation support software.
Attorney Gallagher holds a Juris Doctor degree from Fordham University School of Law and has practiced law since 1983. He is admitted to practice in the states of New York and New Jersey and before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Attorney Gallagher’s technical training is in mathematics, engineering, electronics and computer science from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, New York University, C.U.N.Y. and New York Institute of Technology.
He is a member of the American Bar Association, Section of Patent, Trademark and Copyright Law and the founding Chairman of the Committee on Computers and Automation of the New Jersey Patent Law Association.
Co-Inventor on U.S. Patent 5,792,074.