- Super Lawyer of New England and Connecticut, 2009-2012
Super Lawyers is a rating service of lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. Connecticut Selection Statistics available here.
- Chairman of the Executive Board of the Global Virus Network
The Global Virus Network is a global authority and resource for the identification, investigation, and control of viral diseases posing threats to mankind. The organization is committed to: (i) creating a network of experts on medically important viruses in partnership with existing surveillance programs and public health organization and to control viral threats by providing a rapid, coordinated approach and comprehensive medical research response for all classes of emerging viral threats to mankind; (ii) building collaborative research alliances within the network to undertake focused research on diseases with known and suspected viral causes which require specialized expertise from multiple members; (iii) mitigating the critical lack of current and future medical virologists through practical training programs; and (iv) educating governments, public health organizations and the public at large on viral threats and advocate research and training to address those threats to mankind.
- Member, Post University MBA Advisory Council
Their online MBA program is the recipient of the 2009 Silver Level Innovation Prize from the Connecticut Quality Improvement Award Partnership, and is nationally ranked in the top 20 by the Online Education Database. Attorney Moynahan is honored to be working with Post University and its Advisory Council to continue to further the growth of the MBA program.
- Member, Advisory Board and Executive Committee, Institute of Human Virology
Institute of Human Virology (IHV)www.ihv.orgThe IHV, a center of the University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, and affiliated with the University of Maryland School of Medicine, is dedicated to discovery, research, treatment and prevention of chronic viral disease and virally linked cancers. Director, Robert Gallo, M.D., is the co-discoverer of the AIDS virus.
- President, Ireland Chamber of Commerce in the United States, Connecticut Chapter
Ireland Chamber of Commerce In The United States, Inc. (ICCUSA)ICCUSA is a non-profit membership organization created more than a dozen years ago by business executives and professionals in The United States and Ireland to promote the growth of mutually beneficial economic relationships. ICCUSA works closely with government agencies and businesses in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, as well as in The United States.
- Attorney Emeritus for the Board of Governance (2012-2014)
TheLet’s Think-Kids Foundation, Inc. (LTKF)The Let’s Think-Kids Foundation, Inc. is a national educational nonprofit organization focused on serving English Language Learners and at-risk minority youth and their families through programs that help improve academic success. Since its inception in 1995, LTKF continues to provide professional development for teachers, training for parents and high impact seminars that engage kids in meaningful learning experiences, including our entrepreneurial summer camp. Through partnerships with schools and school districts, LTKF helps students develop critical thinking skills, become creative thinkers, and excel as readers and writers.
- Member of the NBA Retired Players Advisory Board
- Vice-President, Paula A. Moynahan Skin Care
Paula A. Moynahan Skin Care
This double board certified doctor-established skin care company integrates the latest in medical advancement and product ingredients to create a complete line of skin care products. Among Mr. Moynahan’s contributions to this venture are venture capital efforts and smart growth strategies.
- Peer Elected New England Super Lawyer 2009-2012
- Board of Directors-International Council for Middle East Studies.
- Past Chairman and Current Board Member, Palace Theater Group, Inc.
- Speaker at law schools, to both faculty and students, in Lahore and Karachi, Pakistan, under the auspices of the United States Information Agency, on the topics of the Bill of Rights, A Free Society, and the United States Constitution.
- Panelist/Speaker at the Fifth Annual Convention of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee on the topic of the Palestinian-Israeli Conflict and the First Amendment.
- Speaker/Faculty Member on behalf of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association at a seminar in Ireland with Irish Barristers and Justices. Topic of Speech: A Graphic Review of Freedom of Expression As Envisioned By the First Amendment, A Connecticut Case and the Constitution of Ireland.
- Speaker before the United Nations Delegations Women’s Club at a luncheon meeting in New York on the topic: Constitutional Principles in A Free Society.
- Discussant: Eastern Mediterranean University Northern Cyprus, Business Considerations within the context of Globalism and Competing Nationalisms”.
- Member of the Mayor’s Commission on Diversity and Integration
- Member of the Supreme Court Chief Justice’s Committee on Criminal Justice
- Member of the Dean’s Counsel, Quinnipiac School of Law
- “Man of the Year”, 2005 – Yeshiva Gedolah of Waterbury
- Recipient of the Coqui Award, 2005 – Coqui Award is presented by the Hispanic Coalition to give Special Recognition to an individual in the community who has had a positive impact in the Hispanic community
Membership and Activities – Past and Present
Past Board of Directors – Greater Waterbury Chamber of Commerce
National Co-Chairman – Sons of Italy Award Winner/Washington, D. C.
Co-Chairman – The Ataxia-Telangiectasia Medical Research Foundation (A-TMRF), Dinner Dance 2002
Member & Past President – ProfNet (Professional Network Organization)
Board of Directors – Leukemia Society
Board of Governors – Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
Board of Governors – Connecticut Criminal Trial Lawyers Association
Advisory Board – Teikyo Post University
Regional Coordinator – National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Former Treasurer – City of Waterbury, Connecticut
Former Town Attorney – Prospect, Connecticut
Member – National Italian American Foundation, a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational foundation that promotes Italian American culture and heritage
Member, Pontelandolfo Club
Providence College, Providence, Rhode Island
Bachelor of Arts in History, 1961
Catholic University School of Law, Washington, DC
Juris Doctor, 1964