Car Accident Lawyer New Haven County, CT
Our New Haven County, CT car accident lawyer knows that after a serious car accident, life can change in an instant. In just a matter of seconds, you may be facing extensive medical bills and lost wages as you recover from your injuries. You may be wondering what your legal rights are as a car accident victim. If you want to learn more about how to preserve and protect your legal rights and options after a motor vehicle accident, seek representation from an experienced car accident lawyer in New Haven County, CT from The Moynahan Law Firm.
Why hire a car accident attorney?
An experienced car accident lawyer in New Haven County, CT can help you file the required paperwork, compile the necessary evidence, and submit and support your claim from beginning to end. You must show that the other driver was negligent, and that their negligence caused your personal injury or property damage to win your claim. Negligence refers to a failure to take reasonable care to prevent harm or injury to others. Another driver is negligent when they don’t obey traffic laws or fail to act responsibly.
A New Haven County, CT car accident lawyer can create a case that provides proof of negligence and can also carefully review any settlement offers before you accept them This can ensure that the offer you receive is adequate. If you move forward and accept an offer, you lose your legal rights to pursue any further compensation for your injuries. It is essential to ensure a settlement is sufficient to cover your losses before accepting.
If your injuries and losses are extensive, it is not likely that a settlement will be enough. However, you may be able to seek compensation through the courts if the car accident occurred due to another party’s fault or negligence. Negligence or recklessness are frequent causes of collisions, your car accident lawyer in New Haven County, CT can help you identify whether negligence played a role in your incident. If negligence led to the accident, you can file a personal injury or wrongful death claim and seek compensation from the negligent party for your damages and losses, including these:
- Medical bills
- Vehicle repair and other expenses
- Lost income
- Lost earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Common auto accident injuries
A significant factor in the value of your injury claim is the cost of your medical care. From soft tissue injuries to permanent disability to death, you can seek compensation with the help of our New Haven County, CT car accident lawyer if the other party was negligent or at fault. Some common accident injuries include:
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Spinal cord and back injuries
- Concussions and other head injuries
- Knee, ankle, and leg injuries
- Broken and fractured bones
- Muscle and soft tissue injuries
- Connective tissue injuries
Whatever injury you or a loved one has suffered, a car accident lawyer in New Haven County, CT can help you maximize your monetary compensation.
Get the help you need right away
A car accident attorney can protect and preserve your rights after a motor vehicle collision, and you’ll likely want to find an attorney who is looking out for your best interests. Speak directly with a car accident lawyer in New Haven County, CT from The Moynahan Law Firm to find out more about how to proceed with your personal injury or wrongful death claim.
What Should You Do After a DUI Driver Injures You in an Accident?
A phone call to our New Haven County, CT car accident lawyer, should be one of the first calls that an injury victim calls. If you were hurt in a crash caused by a DUI driver, you may benefit from consulting The Moynahan Law Firm. We protect the best interests of victims who have suffered terrible injuries due to no fault of their own. As a result of our efforts, victims often receive significant settlements from those who caused their injuries. Call our car accident lawyer in New Haven County, CT if you would like to speak with our legal team about your injury to learn if we can help you recover damages.
In the Aftermath of the Accident, What is Important?
Unfortunately, accidents caused by someone who is driving under the influence (DUI) are not unusual. In fact, a million drivers were arrested in 2016 for DUIs. Drivers who are driving under the influence cause more than $44 billion in damage due to the crashes they cause each year. Our trusted New Haven County, CT car accident lawyer has seen many instances of victims who suffered terrible injuries because of DUI drivers. Immediately after an accident caused by a DUI driver, it’s important to do the following if at all possible:
- Call 911 without delay.
- Depending on the extent of your injuries, our New Haven County, CT car accident lawyer wants you to know that you may need to remain immobile until a first responder arrives. If you are in a location that places you in danger of additional harm, you may need to move if possible. This can be a difficult judgement call under the circumstances.
- Allow a first responder to examine you, even if you feel fine. It is very common for someone to sustain a serious injury but not realize it. Symptoms can delay in presenting themselves so it’s important to get examined as soon as possible. Our New Haven County, CT car accident lawyer says that it’s important to follow up with your physician, even if the on-scene emergency medical technician or paramedic does not detect any immediate health concerns.
- If circumstances allow, take photos (with your cell phone or a camera) of your injuries, your vehicle, other vehicles that were involved, and anything that is relevant to the accident such as skid marks, road debris, etc.
- Call a respected car accident lawyer from New Haven County, CT such as one from The Moynahan Law Firm. We can immediately begin protecting your best interests. Having an experienced lawyer by your side as early as possible is ideal as we can begin working on your case and making sure that you are not taken advantage of in the process.
Our goal at The Moynahan Law Firm is to secure the largest possible settlement for our clients so that they have the resources they need to recover from their injuries.
Call The Moynahan Law Firm
DUI drivers can change a victim’s life in an instant, and not for the better. It’s important to enlist the help of a skilled car accident lawyer that New Haven County, CT victims turn to. We will work to protect your legal right to compensation from the reckless driver. The Moynahan Law Firm can help you get the resources you need to recover from your injuries. Call our car accident lawyer serving New Haven County, CT today to schedule a no-obligation, no-cost case review.