CONNECTICUT SPINAL CORD INJURY LAWYER
Personal Injury: Spinal Cord Damage
When you suffer spinal cord injury because of the actions or negligence of another, you want the best legal representative available in Waterbury, CT. The Moynahan Law Firm has been known state wide for representing clients in personal injury cases such as spinal cord injuries.
Spinal Cord Injury Common Causes
Whenever you suffer a spinal cord injury, you’ll experience pain and varying levels of discomfort. Some types of accidents tend to cause most spinal cord injuries. Among the typical causes of spinal cord injuries are the following accidents.
- When you’re driving the forward car in a rear-end accident.
- Almost any type of motorcycle accident.
- When you have a hard slip and fall accident.
- When you’re involved, as a driver or passenger, in a truck crash.
- Many accidents that happen at the workplace.
- Medical malpractice accidents, particularly during back surgery.
These accidents often cause painful spinal cord injuries – worse, such as paralysis. Even minor accidents, as your lawyer knows, can cause long-term pain and severe discomfort. You should be aware of the symptoms of spinal cord injuries, which sometimes become more serious over time.
Typical Symptoms of Spinal Cord Injury
Learn the many common symptoms of potential spinal cord injuries. Your experienced spinal cord injury attorney or your doctor should advise of these symptoms, so you can become more knowledgeable about the typical long-term nature of these conditions.
- You may suffer numbness in your fingers and/or toes.
- You may have pain in your joints, such as elbows and/or knees.
- You suffer pain either when you’re sitting or lying down.
- You may endure problems with your bowels or possibly, lose bowel control.
- You suffer long-term neck pain and/or regular headaches.
- If you have more serious spinal cord injuries, you may suffer temporary or more permanent paralysis of some of your extremities, such as arms or legs.
If you experience one or more of these symptoms, you might have a spinal cord injury that must be addressed. Be sure to tell any personal injury lawyers you interview about these symptoms (if you have some of them) and confirm your injury by submitting your official medical records of diagnosis and treatment.
Finding an Outstanding Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer in Waterbury
If possible, get some trusted referrals from friends, family, or other lawyers who have knowledge of experienced personal injury attorneys in your area. When you receive these personal referrals, call them to make appointments for free consultations and evaluations, which most good spinal cord injury lawyers will offer.
When you are ready to choose a lawyer to represent you, be sure you have some “good chemistry” with him/her. You want an attorney that exhibits an obvious dedication to achieving the most successful settlements or verdicts for his/her clients and with whom you feel comfortable.
Spinal cord injuries often tend to become chronic sources of pain. Just as you want a physician, with experience managing this type of injury, you should strive to find an equally experienced attorney in Waterbury that has a solid track record of obtaining fair awards for similar injuries with your case specifics.
If you are looking for an expert, like The Moynahan Law Firm, with experience in spinal cord injuries, you will find an outstanding lawyer, who is an accomplished technician and displays a commitment to his/her clients to obtain fair compensation for their injuries – with the reputation and track record to prove it. Call The Moynahan Law Firm today to discuss your spinal cord case with a free consultation.