Waterbury Car Accident Lawyer
PUT YOUR TRUST IN ONE OF CONNECTICUT’S MOST WELL RESPECTED AUTO ACCIDENT LAWYERS
Over 50 Years Experience With Car Accident Cases
Every year, more than 100,000 automobile accidents occur throughout the state of. Connecticut. Sadly, we can all agree that automobile accidents, regardless of the extent of property damage may result in serious personal injury which may not be immediately obvious. Whiplash, internal injuries, concussion are just a few of the possible outcomes. In many cases, a victim is harmed in a collision because of the reckless and negligent actions of another driver on the road.
When a victim is harmed in a serious accident, they are often rushed by the insurance companies of the at-fault driver and offer minimal compensation to cover the injuries and damages resulting from their accident. It is crucial for the injured victim to refrain from accepting these lowball offers and take steps toward protecting their legal rights by speaking with a skilled personal injury lawyer as soon as you recieve medical treatment for your injuries.
In fact, we recommend that the injured victim not speak with the other driver’s insurance company at all. Often times, insurance company representatives will try to twist and misconstrue your own words to use against you at a later date. We always recommend that an injured victim speaks to a lawyer prior to speaking with the insurance companies at all. It is always essential that you contact an auto accident attorney such as The Moynahan Law Firm for a free courtesy consultation. Do so as soon as possible as there is a statute of limitations on these accidents and the time to take action is limited.
If you are looking for an experienced car accident lawyer in Waterbury or another surrounding city, you can rest assured knowing your legal rights are protected with The Moynahan Law Firm at your side. With more than 50-years of personal injury law experience in Connecticut, our skilled and reputable car accident lawyers in Waterbury have helped thousands of victims protect their legal rights and get the compensation and justice they deserve.
Common Causes of Connecticut Car Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents can happen for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately, countless collisions occur due to the negligent and reckless acts of others. Our Waterbury car accident attorneys at The Moynahan Law Firm have extensive experience working with victims on cases involving accidents caused by:
- Improper Lane Changes: Statistics show that 5.6% of motor vehicle accidents in our state occur due to drivers changing lanes improperly. Veering into oncoming traffic, switching lanes without looking, and drifting to parallel lanes can result in serious injuries for others sharing the road.
- Speeding: Drivers who travel at high speeds cause 7.57% of motor vehicle accidents across Connecticut each year. Not only does driving at an increased speed prevent individuals from maintaining control over their vehicles, but it can result in collisions with devastating injuries.
- Unsafe Backing: Drivers who back down roadways and out of driveways or parking spaces are the cause of roughly 4.12% of motor vehicle accidents across our state annually. These incidents typically occur at reduced speeds but can cause horrific injuries to victims involved.
- Tailgating: Traveling too closely to other vehicles sharing the road can make it difficult for drivers to stop in time to avoid a collision. Sadly, drivers who tailgate cause over 30% of motor vehicle collisions across our state each year. These accidents are often devastating and are some of the leading causes of motor vehicle accidents involving multiple vehicles.
- Driving Under the Influence: Drivers who are on drugs or under the influence of alcohol cause over 31.62% of collisions every year in Connecticut. Not only is impaired driving a leading cause of collisions in our state, but it is the cause of roughly half of all accidents across the country.
- Other Causes: Unpredictable factors, weather, road conditions, and various other factors influence over 21.09% of collisions in our state annually.
When victims are harmed in automobile accidents due to the reckless or negligent actions of another driver, it is crucial to speak with a car accident attorney in Waterbury to ensure that their legal rights are protected. Our team at The Moynahan Law Firm is dedicated to helping victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available for their claims.
Compensation Available for Car Accident Victims in Waterbury
Before your case is settled, every aspect of your damages will be examined in detail and considered. Depending upon your injuries, you’re entitled to receive compensation for economic damages as well as non-economic damages resulting from your accident. Our car accident attorneys in Waterbury will work diligently to ensure that you are able to collect the maximum amount of compensation available for your various damages, including:
- Pain and Suffering: Being injured in a car accident can have a devastating impact on a victim’s life. Quite often, these horrific and unpredictable accidents result in overwhelming mental and physical pain and suffering. For this reason, our car accident attorneys in Waterbury can help victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available for loss of consortium and loss of life-enjoyment due to their injuries.
- Lost Wages/Earnings: Being injured in a car accident often results in the need for medical treatment. Sadly, many victims have to undergo surgery and spend weeks or even months in recovery. While victims are recovering, they are often unable to return to work. As a result, they suffer the loss of thousands of dollars in lost wages. Our car accident attorneys in Waterbury help the injured victim get full and fair compensation to cover lost wages resulting from their accident. When victims are forced out of work permanently, we help them collect the maximum amount of compensation available for lost earning capacity.
- Medical Treatment: Car accident injuries often require surgery, hospitalization, and months of therapy. The costs of medical treatment can be overwhelming for victims and their families. For this reason, we work diligently to help victims collect the maximum amount of compensation for all past, current, and future medical treatment needed for their injuries.
- Punitive Damages: When victims are harmed in accidents due to another person’s negligent or reckless actions, we help them collect compensation for punitive damages. Rather than collecting compensation for losses resulting from an accident, punitive damages are awarded to victims as a form of punishment toward those who caused them harm. Working with The Moynahan Law Firm will ensure you get the maximum amount of compensation available for your claim.
When victims are harmed in accidents, by no fault of their own, it is crucial that they contact a car accident attorney in Waterbury to ensure that their legal rights are protected. Our attorneys will stop at nothing to ensure victims are fully and fairly compensated for their injuries and damages so they can move forward from their accidents in the best way possible.
What to expect from Tim Moynahan as your car accident lawyer
Victims who are injured in car accidents are often overwhelmed with questions. Far too often, accident victims fail to realize the legal options available to them. Our Waterbury car accident attorneys at The Moynahan Law Firm are dedicated to helping injured car accident victims every step of the way to ensure their legal rights are protected. Our team of knowledgeable attorneys will review your claim and work with expert witnesses who can help prove critical details in support of your claim. Furthermore, we are dedicated to keeping those who have been harmed in an accident that they did not cause through the complicated personal injury process. All your questions will be answered regarding your rights as a victim of another party’s negligence. Attorney Moynahan will advise you on insurance coverage, and related questions. If you are injured, we will discuss the nature and extent of your injuries and the remedies available under the law. As an experienced car accident attorney, our firm provides practical recommendations on how to proceed with injuries sustained in a car accidents. Practical advice is the basis of my counsel. At this stage, we will consider satisfactory solutions when the time comes to negotiate a settlement or file a lawsuit. Working with a skilled car accident attorney will give you confidence and peace of mind in a stressful situation. In the event we decide that you need representation, Attorney Moynahan will explain the steps required to relieve you of unnecessary work and worry. Our firm will handle every detail including contact with insurance companies, followed by negotiation when your treatment has resulted in maximum medical improvement. Our car accident attorneys in Connecticut will aggressively negotiate a full and fair settlement value on your behalf to ensure you are fully and fairly compensated for your injuries and damages. Contact The Moynahan Law Firm today to get started with your claim.
Knowledge truly is power
Thousands of individuals are injured in Connecticut car accidents annually. When victims are harmed due to the careless, reckless, or negligent actions of another driver, it is crucial that they contact a reputable and aggressive car accident attorney in Waterbury to protect their legal rights. Over the past five decades, the Waterbury car accident attorneys at The Moynahan Law Firm have helped thousands of injured car accident victims get the maximum amount of compensation available for their claims. The Moynahan Law Firm offers a number of great resources for you to utilize. Learn more about the laws surrounding auto accidents.
Contact us now at (203) 597-6364 to learn more or schedule a free consultation. Our attorneys work to help accident victims get the maximum amount of compensation for their injuries and losses sustained at the hands of a negligent driver and ensure that they get the justice they deserve.
Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Areas of Representation
Frequenlty Asked Questions
How to Determine Who’s at Fault in a Car Accident
How Much Time Do You Have to Report a Car Accident?
How Much do Accident Lawyers Charge and What Should You Pay?
What Is the Average Settlement for a Car Accident?
- Do you have a case that a personal injury attorney would want to handle?Although this is a question that your lawyer is best equipped to answer, it’s appropriate for you to speculate, based on the facts, not your opinion, of the accident.
- Were you injured along with others?If you were injured in the accident, always report your symptoms to your doctor so it becomes part of your medical file. Is your medical treatment over and complete? Some injuries may seem minor at first, but become long-term or chronic in the future, needing regular or periodic treatment for long periods. If you need long-term treatment or will miss work for a long period, you should estimate how much your medical treatment will cost, or how much money you might lose from being unable to work.
Knowledge truly is power
The Moynahan Law Firm offers a number of great resources for you to utilize. Learn more about the laws around auto accidents. Contact us now to learn more or schedule a free consultation.
The COVID-19 pandemic affected the life of nearly every American in 2020, and the nation’s elderly paid a particularly high price. In Connecticut, 61% of the state’s COVID-19 fatalities occurred in nursing homes, and recent outbreaks in elderly care facilities in...
Hundreds of Connecticut residents are injured in bus accidents each year, and many of them choose to take legal action against the bus company or one of the other drivers involved. Motor vehicle accident lawsuits are often complicated, and they can also be incredibly...
Personal injury actions are usually extremely costly. It is also not uncommon for them to take several years to be resolved. The problem with this is that while your personal injury lawsuit is taking its time weaving its way through the phases of the judicial process,...
Sometimes people sustain injuries that are caused by something simple and are not the fault of any person or entity. Examples of these kinds of injuries are those caused by aging, heredity, or accidents where no outside party is liable, such as you tripping and...