PUT YOUR TRUST IN ONE OF CONNECTICUT’S MOST WELL RESPECTED AUTO ACCIDENT LAWYERS
Waterbury, Connecticut Personal Injury Attorneys
Do you need a personal injury lawyer in Waterbury or a surrounding city?
Every year, thousands of individuals in Connecticut are injured in serious accidents. When victims are injured, they are often rushed into area hospitals and forced to undergo extensive medical treatment. In some cases, victims are forced out of work for several weeks or even months as they recover from their injuries. Sadly, a large percentage of these accidents are caused by reckless and negligent individuals.
When a victim is injured in an accident that is the direct result of another person’s careless, reckless, negligent, or deliberate actions, they may be entitled to compensation for the injuries they sustained and the damages that they incurred as a direct result of the accident. It is always recommended that you do not speak with the insurance companies without first speaking with a skilled and knowledgeable personal injury lawyer about your injury accident.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident in or around Waterbury that was not your fault, it’s so important that you speak with a dedicated personal injury lawyer before speaking with anyone else about the events surrounding your injury accident. Contact The Moynahan Law Firm today to speak with a skilled lawyer to find out if you have the right to pursue compensation for you injuries and losses.
Never Speak With Insurance Companies Without Speaking to an Attorney First
An experienced lawyer will handle all communications with the insurance company so that you don’t have to. Insurance adjusters are trained to make you feel comfortable and keep talking. They try to get as much information from you as possible so that they can use your own words against you in an effort to deny your claim. Insurance adjusters and the companies they work for are not on the side of the injured victim, ever. They are always going to be looking out for the best interest of their client, not the victim. Most of these insurance representatives are quick to offer victims minimal settlements for their injuries and damages. The offers presented to victims are barely enough to cover any losses, let alone alleviate the costs of medical treatment, future medical treatment, lost wages, and various other damages.
Rather than rushing to accept an offer too quickly, accident victims should speak with a personal injury attorney in Waterbury as soon as possible following their injury accident to see what legal options are available for them. Our Connecticut personal injury attorneys at The Moynahan Law Firm have over 50-years of experience helping accident victims get the justice and compensation they are entitled to and deserve.
When victims contact our law firm, we review their claims to go over the details surrounding their specific accident. We consult with and hire expert witnesses who can prove critical details that help victims present facts and circumstances surrounding how the incident occurred. Furthermore, we aggressively negotiate full and fair settlements for victims that ensure they are able to take care of the financial burdens resulting from their accidents so they can focus on recovering. Contact The Moynahan Law Firm today to see how we can help you.
Types of Accidents Covered in Personal Injury Cases in Connecticut
Our team of personal injury lawyers at The Moynahan Law Firm have extensive experience helping victims get the justice they deserve for their personal injury claims. Our exceptional knowledge of personal injury laws in Connecticut enable us to provide reliable and aggressive representation to victims in need. Over the years, we have helped thousands of victims with claims involving automobile accidents such as:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Light Rail and Train Accidents
In addition to automobile accidents, our reputable personal injury attorneys in Waterbury, Connecticut have fought diligently to ensure victims injured in various other types of accidents are fully and fairly compensated for their injuries and damages. Some of the other claims we have helped victims with include:
- Bike Accidents
- Aviation Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Defective Products
- Fire and Explosion Injuries
- Negligent Security
- Swimming Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Transit System Accidents
- Failure to Warn
- Machinery Malfunctions
- Construction Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Premises Liability
If you were injured in an accident that was caused by the reckless or negligent acts of another person, contact our personal injury attorneys in Waterbury, Connecticut as soon as possible to see how we can help you. Our team is dedicated to helping injured victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available to them.
Common Types of Injuries in Personal Injury Cases iN Connecticut
Victims who are injured in accidents in Connecticut often deal with a variety of injuries. In some cases, victims incur devastating injuries that require extensive and costly medical treatment. Our team at The Moynahan Law Firm has extensive experience fighting on behalf of accident victims to make sure they are able to recover full and fair compensation that ensures they are able to focus on recovering without worrying. Some of the most common types of injuries in Connecticut personal injury claims include:
- Bruises and Swelling: Swollen and bruised body parts can be extremely painful. Moreover, they can hinder a victim’s ability to perform various tasks. Unfortunately, these injuries can take several weeks to heal and have a devastating impact on a victim’s life.
- Broken Bones: Individuals who suffer broken bones are often forced to undergo medical treatment and surgery. In some cases, victims have to go through months of therapy. These injuries are extremely painful and can lead to permanent suffering.
- Lacerations: Lacerations can be extremely serious. Not only do they often result in permanent scarring, but they can result in irreversible muscle and nerve damage. These injuries can impact a victim’s ability to perform various tasks and can lead to overwhelming pain and suffering.
- Internal Injuries: These injuries often require immediate medical attention. In many cases, victims have to undergo immediate surgery to address the problems. Without adequate medical attention, victims can suffer serious damage and even die from these injuries.
- Neck and Shoulder Injuries: These injuries often impact a victim’s range of motion. Not only are victims forced to deal with pain and suffering, but they are often required to undergo extensive medical treatment and may have to go through months of therapy. Neck injuries have the ability to result in permanent injuries or even death.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: These injuries are devastating. When victims suffer spinal cord injuries, they are often hospitalized for an extended period and in the worst cases, will never be able to recover, leading to death. In many cases, victims end up being paralyzed and without the ability to control their arms, legs, or both. These injuries are often painful and have a dramatic impact on a victim’s quality of life.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: These injuries often require extensive medical treatment. In many cases, victims have to stay in the hospital for several weeks, months, or even years. Victims with TBIs often have problems with hearing, vision, and memory loss. In some cases, victims lose their cognitive abilities and must relearn how to do even the most basic tasks. They may end up enduring years or decades or treatment. Some people may require assistance with day to day activities for the rest of their lives.
As you can imagine, being injured in an accident can have a devastating impact on a person’s life. Not only are victims left to deal with overwhelming pain and suffering, but they are also forced to deal with thousands of dollars in financial consequences. When individuals are harmed in accidents, due to the negligent acts of others, it is crucial that they contact a personal injury attorney in Waterbury, Connecticut as soon as possible to ensure their legal rights are protected.
Services We Provide for Victims
Trying to navigate the legal system can be extremely overwhelming, especially when victims are trying to focus on recovering from their injuries and moving forward with their lives. Thankfully, victims do not have to deal with this type of complex ligation on their own. Our Connecticut personal injury attorneys at The Moynahan Law Firm personally work with each client, every step of the way. We have a proven track record of helping victims get full and fair compensation for their injuries.
We are dedicated to providing each client with one-on-one personalized attention throughout their entire claims process. Some of the services we provide for victims include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Investigating the scene of the incident
- Gathering documents, photographs, and other evidence on behalf of victims
- Collecting medical records and bills to determine care plans and treatment costs victims incur from their accidents
- Speaking with witnesses
- Gathering police reports and other incident reports
- Speaking and negotiating with insurance companies
- Filing petitions and other documents accurately and in a timely manner
- Representing victims at trial
- Helping victims get their personal property, like vehicles, repaired or replaced quickly
From start to finish, we provide an array of litigation services to victims that ensure their legal rights and best interests are protected throughout the entire process. If you were in an accident that was caused by no fault of your own, contact our personal injury attorneys in Waterbury, Connecticut as soon as possible to see how we can help you.
Experience Matters in Personal Injury Claims
When someone is injured in an accident that was caused by another person or business who acted carelessly, recklessly, negligently, or deliberately, they should seek the guidance of a skilled and reputable personal injury attorney in Connecticut. Our team at The Moynahan Law Firm takes an ethical and honest approach to all cases. We work diligently to ensure victims are able to move forward from their accidents and focus on recovering in the best, easiest, and safest way possible.
Our dedicated personal injury attorneys in Waterbury, Connecticut have extensive experience handling various types of injury cases throughout the entire state. We represent clients on some of the most complex legal claims to ensure they get the justice they deserve from those who cause them harm.
Our team is dedicated to conducting thorough evaluations before accepting each case. We will review the facts surrounding you injury accident and determine if and what additional information is needed. We will consult with expert witnesses and highly trained specialists to evaluate the victims injuries and establish causation. These individuals can provide financial calculations, recreate accident scenes, and perform other tasks that help bolster claims for the injured victims. Finally, we apply the law to the facts of each case to determine if a viable claim is present. We then access each case and the likelihood of a victim obtaining a favorable outcome before we initiate a lawsuit. We are dedicated to providing realistic expectations to victims based on our professional experience and the facts surrounding each case.
Our firm has advocated and successfully represented the injured accident victims in and around Connecticut for over five decades to ensure that they obtain the best possible outcome for their claims. Contact our personal injury attorneys in Waterbury, Connecticut as soon as possible to see how we can help you.
Type of Compensation Available to Injury Victims in Connecticut
When victims are harmed in accidents, they often incur overwhelming financial burdens. Having to cover the costs for medical treatment and other expenses while being forced out of work. This is not only difficult for the injured victim but quite often it creates complications for their entire family. For this reason, our Waterbury, Connecticut personal injury attorneys at The Moynahan Law Firm have worked diligently to ensure victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available for their legal claims. Our team is dedicated to helping victims get full and fair compensation for damages, including:
- Medical expenses
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Costs for rehabilitation and therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Loss of companionship
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- And more
The Moynahan Law Firm understands the difficulties accident victims face after suffering devastating injuries in an accident. For this reason, we analyze the various expenses that victims face due to their accidents. We review and present information that clearly shows how much medical treatment a victim will need in the future to guarantee they are able to obtain compensation that will cover all necessary treatment. Contact our personal injury attorneys in Connecticut as soon as possible to ensure that you get the best possible outcome for your claim.
Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys in Waterbury, Connecticut
Accidents occur daily throughout our state. In many cases, victims are left with debilitating injuries that have a negative impact on their mental, physical, and financial wellbeing. When victims are harmed in accidents due to the reckless acts of others, it is crucial that they contact a personal injury attorney in Connecticut as soon as possible to ensure their legal rights are protected.
With over 50-years of experience, Waterbury personal injury attorneys at The Moynahan Law Firm have successfully helped thousands of victims get full and fair compensation for their legal claims. Our team will stop at nothing within the confines of the law to ensure the legal rights and best interest of accident victims are protected.For this reason, we provide legal services on a contingency basis. This guarantees that victims are able to obtain legal representation from a highly skilled and well-recognized team of legal professionals without worrying about the costs up front.
Victims can count on The Moynahan Law Firm to ensure they are protected throughout the entire legal process. Our team reviews claims for victims, consults with and hires expert witnesses who can prove critical details surrounding an accident and injury, and aggressively negotiate settlements that ensure victims are able to alleviate the financial burdens incurred from their accidents so they can focus on recovering. Contact our Waterbury, Connecticut personal injury attorneys today at (203) 597-6364 to schedule a free case evaluation to explore legal options available for
Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Areas of Representation
Frequenlty Asked Questions
How to Determine Who’s at Fault in a Car Accident
It’s happened. You’re in a car accident, and after exchanging information and ensuring nobody is hurt, it’s time to determine who is at fault. This step of the process is crucial because it will determine who pays for the damages incurred. Read more…
How Much Time Do You Have to Report a Car Accident?
In Connecticut, you are required by law to report a car accident that caused damage exceeding $1,000 within five days of the accident. While that is how the law is written, police officers that arrive on the scene will file a report for you right after the accident. Read more…
How Much do Accident Lawyers Charge and What Should You Pay?
There are contingency fees and depending on the contract you sign, you might still be responsible court fees if your case goes to trial. There may be other litigation costs for which you may be responsible if the contract you sign with your attorney provides for this. You should carefully read and understand the language in your contract. Read more…
What Is the Average Settlement for a Car Accident?
Since there is no such thing as an average settlement for car accidents, you should ask yourself these questions, at a minimum, before you discuss your potential case with an experienced personal injury lawyer.
- Do you have a case that a personal injury attorney would want to handle?Although this is a question that your lawyer is best equipped to answer, it’s appropriate for you to speculate, based on the facts, not your opinion, of the accident.
- Were you injured along with others?If you were injured in the accident, always report your symptoms to your doctor so it becomes part of your medical file. Is your medical treatment over and complete? Some injuries may seem minor at first, but become long-term or chronic in the future, needing regular or periodic treatment for long periods. If you need long-term treatment or will miss work for a long period, you should estimate how much your medical treatment will cost, or how much money you might lose from being unable to work.