PUT YOUR TRUST IN ONE OF CONNECTICUT’S MOST WELL RESPECTED AUTO ACCIDENT LAWYERS
Waterbury Sidewalk Injury Accident Attorneys
Slip and falls are some of the most common types of accidents in Connecticut. Every year, thousands of people suffer devastating falls that have a prolonged impact on their life. Although some tumbles may seem like no big deal, they can quickly turn into something extremely serious. The sad and unfortunate truth is that slip and fall accidents are the second leading cause of accidental death and injuries in the United States. Unfortunately, a large percentage of these serious incidents occur due to broken and damaged sidewalks.
Sidewalk accidents can occur on walkways and areas on privately owned property. When these incidents occur, the injured victim may be able to hold the owner of the property responsible for their injuries and various other damages. Unfortunately, there are countless cases where accident victims are rushed by insurance companies and offered minimal settlement offers for their injuries and damages. In these cases, it is crucial for victims to refrain from accepting these offers. Instead, the injured victim should contact a sidewalk injury and accident attorney in Waterbury to protect their legal rights.
For over 50-years, our Waterbury sidewalk injury and accident attorneys at The Moynahan Law Firm has helped thousands of victims hold those at-fault for their accident accountable so they can get the justice and compensation they are entitled to. Our team of skilled and reputable attorneys are dedicated to helping victims move forward after being injured in a devastating fall on a broken or damaged section of sidewalk. We will review your claim, work with expert witnesses, and aggressively negotiate a full and fair settlement value that will ensure that you are able to get the medical treatment that you need to focus on recovery. Contact our sidewalk injury accident attorneys in Waterbury as soon as possible to discuss the specifics of your accident to determine if you have the right to pursue financial compensation for your injuries and losses.
Who is Responsible for Maintaining the Sidewalks In Connecticut?
If an individual slips, trips, or falls on a sidewalk due to an unsafe condition, there are several parties who may be held responsible. Typically, the responsible party is determined by where the incident occurs. The majority of sidewalks in and around Connecticut are constructed by municipalities. In many cases, the owners of the property adjoining the sidewalk can be held liable for injuries and damages resulting from slips and falls. Sadly, many sections of sidewalk in Connecticut are damaged because of dangerous conditions originating from the adjoining property. Lifts, cracks, and other damage often falls under the responsibility of the bordering property owners.
When owners allow roots of trees to grow under sidewalks, it can lead to lifts and cracks in areas or sections of the sidewalk. Property owners have a legal responsibility to repair the sidewalk before it causes an accident that results in someone being injured. In other cases, sprinklers and watering systems can cause slippery sidewalks that lead to devastating falls. In these cases, property owners may be held liable for injuries and damages.
There are some cases in which property owners share joint responsibility with the municipality. The fact that there are instances of joint responsibility often causes confusion for the accident victim. For this reason, it is imperative for the injured victim to contact a sidewalk injury accident attorney in Waterbury as soon as possible to make sure that their victim rights are protected from the start. Our team at The Moynahan Law Firm is dedicated to helping accident victims collect full and fair compensation for their injuries and damages resulting from the incident.
Common Defenses Raised in Sidewalk Fall Accident Cases
Although victims suffer sidewalk accident injuries fairly regularly in Connecticut, property owners and municipalities often employ various defenses to avoid being held liable for injuries and damages. Some of the most common defenses our Waterbury sidewalk accident attorneys at The Moynahan Law Firm have helped victims combat include claims that:
- The victim was not using reasonable care to avoid an obviously hazardous situation
- The sidewalk defect was extremely minimal and would not cause an ordinary person to fall and suffer any injuries
- The injuries that the claimant states they incur could have never been caused by the type of fall they described occurred
- The conditions that the victim has were existing prior to the accident and were not caused by the fall
When victims are trying to get justice and compensation for their injuries and damages, it is crucial that they contact a skilled and reputable sidewalk accident injury attorney in Waterbury to ensure their legal rights are protected. Our team at The Moynahan Law Firm is dedicated to helping injured victims get the justice they deserve for their injuries and losses.
Most Common Types of Injuries Caused by Sidewalk Falls
Victims who suffer slip and fall accidents due to dangerous sidewalk conditions often deal with overwhelming pain and suffering from their injuries. Sadly, there is a wide variety of injuries that can occur due to these horrific and unpredictable accidents. Some common injuries our Waterbury sidewalk injury and accident attorneys at the Moynahan Law Firm have helped victims with include:
- Bone Fractures
- Head Injuries-Concussions
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Neck Injuries
- Disc Herniation
- Knee Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Cuts, Bruises, and Abrasions
- Ankle and Wrist Injuries
- Shoulder Injuries
Many injuries resulting from sidewalk falls can require extensive and expensive medical treatment. For this reason, our knowledgeable sidewalk injury accident attorneys in Waterbury work diligently to ensure victims get the maximum amount of compensation available for their claims.
Compensation Available for Sidewalk Accident Victims in Waterbury, Connecticut
Victims who are harmed in sidewalk accidents often deal with overwhelming consequences. Unfortunately, those harmed often incur devastating financial consequences from their accidents. For this reason, our Waterbury sidewalk injury accident attorneys at The Moynahan Law Firm work diligently to ensure victims get the maximum amount of compensation available for damages, including:
- Pain and Suffering: Being injured in an accident can result in overwhelming pain and suffering. The mental and physical consequences that victims deal with can have a negative impact on their ability to engage in familial relationships, perform tasks they enjoy, and even make it difficult for them to stand for extended periods. Victims often suffer extreme limitations due to their pain and suffering. Our sidewalk injury and accident attorneys in Waterbury work diligently to ensure victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available for the overwhelming pain and suffering they experience.
- Lost Wages: Victims injured in these horrific accidents are often forced to spend time off work to go through surgery and to recover. When victims are unable to work, they often have a difficult time handling their financial responsibilities. Our team at The Moynahan Law Firm helps those harmed collect full and fair compensation to cover all wages lost due to their accidents. When victims are unable to work indefinitely, we help them collect the maximum amount of compensation available for lost earning capacity.
- Medical Expenses: Victims injured in sidewalk accidents often incur serious injuries. In many cases, victims have to undergo extensive medical treatment for their injuries. Studies show that a single night stay in an area hospital can cost over $10,000. We understand the importance of getting adequate medical treatment. For this reason, our sidewalk injury accident attorneys in Waterbury are dedicated to helping those who are injured because of an improperly maintained sidewalk collect the maximum compensation available for all past, current, and future medical expenses resulting from a sidewalk accident.
- Property Damages: Victims harmed in sidewalk accidents may be entitled to compensation for property damages resulting from their accidents. Our attorneys at The Moynahan Law Firm work diligently to help the injured victim collect the maximum amount of compensation available for their claims.
- Punitive Damages: Unfortunately, there are some cases where victims suffer due to the extremely negligent acts of others. When this takes place, our sidewalk injury accident attorneys in Waterbury work diligently to help those harmed collect the maximum amount of punitive damages available for their claims.
If you were injured in an accident that was caused by the negligent actions or in-actions of a property owner, contact our sidewalk injury accident attorneys in Waterbury as soon as possible to explore all the legal options available to you.
A Sidewalk Injury and Accident Attorney in Waterbury Can Help You
Every year, thousands of individuals in and around Connecticut suffer devastating falls because of a damaged or improperly maintained sidewalk. This type of fall can have a damaging impact on the mental and physical wellbeing of the victim. Unfortunately, the financial consequences resulting from these accidents are often overwhelming for both the victims and their families. When victims are injured in an accident due to the negligent action or in-actions of a property owner, it is imperative that they have an experienced and aggressive sidewalk injury accident attorney in Waterbury by their side to ensure that their legal rights are protected.
Our Waterbury sidewalk injury accident attorneys at The Moynahan Law Firm have over 50-years of experience helping accident victims get full and fair compensation from those at-fault to cover the financial burdens resulting from their accidents. Our attorneys work on a contingency basis so victims can get reliable legal representation without worrying about the costs up front. If you were injured in a devastating sidewalk accident, it is crucial that you contact our Waterbury sidewalk injury accident attorneys at (203) 597-6364 as soon as possible to explore legal options available for you. Schedule a free consultation as soon as possible so we can determine the best legal approach to get you the justice and compensation you deserve.
Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Areas of Representation
Knowledge truly is power
The Moynahan Law Firm offers a number of great resources for you to utilize. Learn more about the laws around auto accidents. Contact us now to learn more or schedule a free consultation.
How to Determine Who’s at Fault in a Car Accident
It’s happened. You’re in a car accident, and after exchanging information and ensuring nobody is hurt, it’s time to determine who is at fault. This step of the process is crucial because it will determine who pays for the damages incurred. Read more…
How Much Time Do You Have to Report a Car Accident?
In Connecticut, you are required by law to report a car accident that caused damage exceeding $1,000 within five days of the accident. While that is how the law is written, police officers that arrive on the scene will file a report for you right after the accident. Read more…
How Much do Accident Lawyers Charge and What Should You Pay?
There are contingency fees and depending on the contract you sign, you might still be responsible court fees if your case goes to trial. There may be other litigation costs for which you may be responsible if the contract you sign with your attorney provides for this. You should carefully read and understand the language in your contract. Read more…
What Is the Average Settlement for a Car Accident?
Since there is no such thing as an average settlement for car accidents, you should ask yourself these questions, at a minimum, before you discuss your potential case with an experienced personal injury lawyer.
- Do you have a case that a personal injury attorney would want to handle?Although this is a question that your lawyer is best equipped to answer, it’s appropriate for you to speculate, based on the facts, not your opinion, of the accident.
- Were you injured along with others?If you were injured in the accident, always report your symptoms to your doctor so it becomes part of your medical file. Is your medical treatment over and complete? Some injuries may seem minor at first, but become long-term or chronic in the future, needing regular or periodic treatment for long periods. If you need long-term treatment or will miss work for a long period, you should estimate how much your medical treatment will cost, or how much money you might lose from being unable to work.