Connecticut Truck Accident Lawyer Tim Moynahan
and Waterbury Truck & Tractor Trailer Accident Lawyer
Personal Injury: Truck Accidents
WATERBURY TRUCK & TRACTOR TRAILER ACCIDENT LAWYER
Every year, thousands of people are injured in motor vehicle accidents in and around Connecticut. Unfortunately, countless victims are harmed in accidents involving semi-trucks. As we know, truck, tractor trailer accidents often result in serious life threatening injuries and often result in death. Victims who are harmed in these horrific collisions often require extensive medical treatment.
Victims are often rushed to area hospitals where they undergo surgery and spend weeks or even months in recovery. In many cases, victims have to go through months of therapy for their injuries if they survive the crash. Unfortunately, a large percentage of truck accidents occur due to the negligent and reckless actions of others sharing the roadways.
Our Waterbury truck accident attorneys at Moynahan Law Firm have extensive experience helping victims harmed in truck accidents protect their legal rights and get the justice and compensation they deserve. If you or a loved one are hurt or killed as a result of the negligent operation of a truck or tractor trailer, select an attorney who knows the federal and state laws which regulate the trucking industry.
These laws define the amount of time in which a trucker may drive, when he should take short breaks and when he has to stop and take a long break. Overloaded trucks, distracted drivers (e.g. by cell phone use) mirrors with blind spots which violate the law, are some of the causes of truck accidents. A lawyer will also find out if proper logs were maintained and if the driver was overly tired or violating other regulations which contributed to the accident causing injury or death.
If you were harmed in an accident, by no fault of your own, it is always essential that you contact a truck, tractor trailer accident attorney in Waterbury, such as myself, for a free consultation. Do so as soon as possible as there is a statute of limitations on these accidents and the time to take action is limited.
It is always essential that you contact a truck, tractor trailer accident attorney such as myself for a free consultation. Do so as soon as possible as there is a statute of limitations on these accidents and the time to take action is limited.
What to expect from me as your truck, tractor trailer accident attorney
Victims who are harmed in truck accidents can rest assured knowing their legal rights are protected while working with The Moynahan Law Firm. A consultation with me as your truck, tractor trailer accident attorney will give you the confidence and peace of mind in a stressful situation.
Our team of truck accident attorneys in Waterbury will review your claim and work with expert witnesses who can re-create the accident scene to prove critical details within your case. We will aggressively negotiate full and fair settlements that ensure the injured victims are able to cover the financial burdens resulting from their accidents so they can focus on recovering.
In addition, we are dedicated to remaining in constant communication with victims throughout the entire claims process. All your questions will be answered regarding your rights as a victim of another party’s negligence. I will advise you on insurance coverage, and related questions. If you are injured, we will discuss the nature and extent of your injuries and the remedies available under the law.
Practical advice is the basis of my counsel. At this stage we will consider satisfactory solutions when the time comes to negotiate a settlement or file a lawsuit. In the event we decide that you need my representation, I will explain the steps required to relieve you of work and worry. I will handle every detail including contact with insurance companies, followed by negotiation when your treatment has resulted in maximum medical improvement.
Our truck accident lawyers in Waterbury will stop at nothing to ensure your legal rights are protected. Contact The Moynahan Law Firm as soon as possible to see how we can help you. Our legal team is dedicated to helping injured victims get the maximum amount of compensation available for their claims.
Most Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Connecticut
There are various reasons why individuals are involved in truck accidents. Unfortunately, a large percentage of truck accidents occur due to the negligent and reckless acts of others sharing the road.
When victims are harmed in collisions due to the negligent acts of others, they may be entitled to compensation resulting from their incidents. Over the years, our Waterbury truck accident lawyers at The Moynahan Law Firm have helped countless victims with legal claims involving accidents resulting from:
- Reckless Driving: Speeding, ignoring traffic control devices, and engaging in other types of reckless driving can lead to devastating collisions. These accidents can result in devastating and life-altering injuries for victims.
- Distracted Driving: Drivers who use their cellphones, eat, drink, engage in conversation, or take their eyes off the road for any other reason can cause serious and devastating collisions. Unfortunately, these actions are some of the leading causes of truck accidents across our state.
- Drowsy Driving: Although there are strict rules and regulations in place to ensure truck drivers are only on the road for a specific time, there are far too many drivers who overstay their route times. These individuals are at serious risk of becoming drowsy while driving. Drowsy driving can result in a delayed reaction that makes it nearly impossible for drivers to maintain control of their vehicles.
- Improperly Loaded Trailers: When trailers are overloaded or improperly loaded, the cargo can shift or fall off the trailer. This unpredictable movement can cause semi-trucks to overturn and spill cargo out onto the roadway. When this occurs, it can cause other vehicles on the road to crash and result in extensive injuries.
- Impaired Drivers: Although most drivers have to maintain a blood alcohol content level below 0.08%, semi-truck drivers are unable to have a BAC level higher than 0.04%. Driving impaired can cause truck drivers to experience delayed reactions or lose control of their vehicles. These actions can cause devastating accidents that result in serious injuries for victims.
- Road Conditions: When drivers are unfamiliar with roads, or they are driving on wet, slippery, or broken roads, they are at an increased risk of losing control of their vehicles. Sadly, truck drivers who are unable to maintain control over their vehicles can cause devastating collisions.
If you were injured in a truck accident, by no fault of your own, contact our truck accident lawyers in Waterbury to explore the legal options available to you for your injuries and losses. Our attorneys at The Moynahan Law Firm will work diligently to ensure victims get the maximum amount of compensation available to them for their claim.
Most Common Type of Truck Accidents in Connecticut
There are many different types of accidents that can involve a large commercial semi-truck. The most common types of truck accidents in the state of Connecticut are listed below:
- Rollover Accident – When a trucker loses control of his rig causing it to flip on its side, rollover and slide across the road or highway, usually involving other motorists
- Jackknife Accident- This type of accident takes place when the semi-truck folds in on itself, basically forming a 90 degree angle with the trailer.
- Blind Spot Accidents- 18-wheeler trucks have large “blind spots” in which the trucker is not able to see the vehicles around him when making a lane change. This can cause catastrophic accidents.
- Rear End Accidents- When a semi-truck crashes into the rear of a much smaller passenger vehicle, the property damage is substantial and the injuries can be deadly.
- Wide Turn Accidents – When a trucker makes a right turn, he must swing or steer the vehicle to the left to make a right hand turn. When that happens, the driver is not aware of traffic to the right or behind. Pedestrians can be injured in this type of accident as well.
- Lost or Shifting Load Accidents- When a load has been improperly loaded or secured on the trailer of the truck, the load can move and shift resulting in the loss of the load which endangers all vehicles and drivers around the truck.
- Under Ride Accidents – Anytime that a truck must stop without much notice, the scaller passenger vehicles around them can end up becoming lodged under the bed or the truck’s trailer. These types of accidents are considered to be some of the most deadly types of truck accidents in Connecticut.
- T-Bone Accident- This type of accident takes place when a trucker runs a red light, a stop sign, or makes a turn into oncoming traffic. This kind of accident can result in catastrophic injuries.
- Head on Accidents – A crash that involves a head-on collision with a semi-truck will almost always have deadly results for one or more victims. This type of crash is extremely catastrophic for everyone involved.
- Tire Blowout – Tires can blowout on any type of vehicle causing it to lose control. This is especially true when a tractor-trailer blows a tire and loses control of the massive truck. It can have very serious consequences to the other drivers around the truck.
Compensation Available for Truck Accident Victims
The Moynahan Law Firm will work diligently to help victims who have been injured in a serious truck accident get the maximum amount of compensation available for their claims.
Before your case is settled, every aspect of your damages will be examined in detail and considered. Depending upon your injuries, you’re entitled to receive compensation for economic damages as well as non-economic damages resulting from your collision.
Our team at The Moynahan Law Firm works diligently to help victims who are harmed in truck accidents collect full and fair compensation for damages including:
- Pain and Suffering
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Consortium
- Medical Expenses
- Property Damages
- Punitive Damages
- And more
When individuals lose their lives in accidents due to the negligent acts of others, our aggressive yet compassionate wrongful death attorneys in Waterbury will work tirelessly to help the family who is left behind to collect the maximum amount of compensation for their wrongful death claim.
We will stop at nothing to ensure that families get the compensation that they need and are entitled to for funeral arrangements, burial services, and various other end of life costs resulting from a loved one’s fatal collision.
When victims are harmed in truck accidents, due to the negligent acts of others, or their loved ones lose their lives, it is crucial to contact a skilled and knowledgeable truck accident attorney in Waterbury as soon as possible.
NO FEE UNTIL YOU WIN.
The sad and unfortunate truth is that thousands of individuals are injured in Connecticut truck accidents annually. These accidents often result in catastrophic injuries for victims that require extensive and expensive medical treatment. Victims are often left to deal with overwhelming pain and suffering – mentally, physically, and financially. Sadly, countless accidents occur due to the negligent acts of others.
When victims are harmed in truck accidents, through no fault of their own, it is imperative that they contact a truck accident attorney in Waterbury as soon as possible to protect their legal rights.
For over 50-years, the Waterbury truck accident attorneys at The Moynahan Law Firm have helped thousands of victims protect their legal rights after being injured in a devastating accident. Our attorneys will stop at nothing to ensure that truck accident victims get the maximum compensation and the justice they deserve for their accidents.
Our attorneys work on a contingency basis so you pay nothing until you win. If you are looking for a skilled personal injury lawyer in Waterbury, contact us for a free case evaluation with Attorney Tim Moynahan. For immediate assistance, call us at (203) 597-6364.
Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Areas of Representation
Contact us today if you have been, or expect to be, charged with a crime
If you are looking for a criminal defense lawyer for a loved one, or have been contacted by the police or charged with a state or federal crime in Connecticut, contact our law office today. For immediate assistance, call us at (203) 597-6364.